Open position at ShipMonk Research & Development
Senior PHP Developer
- Work schedule
- Rohanské nábř. 29, 186 00 Praha 8-Karlín, Česko
Hi! - We are ShipMonk, and we provide logistics services in order fulfillment. Our main business is in the USA, but our modern platform is built by Research & Development team in Prague. We process up to 100,000 orders per day in our peak season. We have more than 1,500 clients which are small and medium e-shops, mostly based in the US. We offer the ShipMonk platform as the solution for the whole process. It covers everything from stocking the items to shipping the ready packages to all corners of the world! We are looking for a skilled PHP Developer to join ShipMonk! This is an exciting opportunity to join our Product Development Team located in Prague. Please take a look at the details below.
Our tech Stack:
- PHP 8.2
- Symfony 6
- Doctrine ORM
- MySQL 8
- Warehouse: optimization and automation of warehouse processes
- Internals: refactoring, tech-debt reduction, and legacy code removal
- Customer features: development of the functions of the existing web environment
- Frontend: TypeScript clients in React, E2E
- DataScience: AI, DWH, data-governance, prediction, and optimization, business intelligence
- QA: acceptance-criteria testing
- DevOps: Infrastructure, Kubernetes, CI/CD management and Cloud platform management
- Technical Product Managers: Asana & project management
What does it look like and what we are proud of:
The main backend application provides a REST-like API for several types of clients (web, autonomous robots, iOS picker devices, microcomputer packers, automatic conveyors and more).
- We have the rest of the applications and clients in monorepo for easier CI checks, code sharing, etc.
- We have all services completely dockerized for local development. We deploy builds to a hosted Kubernetes cluster in AWS with a single click on the Argo CD several times a day.
- Each MR can be deployed on a separate cluster for one-button testing in the CI, so we don't argue about a test environment.
- We have set up a lot of checks in GitLab CI (PHPStan, PHP_CodeSniffer, PHPUnit, lint, editorconfig-check, migration check, security scans, renovate-bot).
- In addition to static analysis, we also do a two-round review and the operation is also verified by the QA team and E2E cypress tests.
- We have more than 10,000 database integration tests with the thoughtful creation of independent datasets for each test, ie no shared data that breaks forever.
- We directly automate the agreed coding-rules, so we have already written dozens of our own phpstan rules and coding-standard sniffs.
- We think about concurrence and design the application to withstand race conditions, which is not exceptional in a warehouse environment.
- The application is supported by DataDog, Sentry and Opsgenie.
- Our database has grown to terabyte size, so even the optimization of SQL queries is becoming the daily bread of all of us.
- We deal with HA, failover, and autoscaling, almost no service runs for us only once.
- Having experienced colleagues is our huge advantage.
- We automatically generate documentation of all our REST-like endpoints.
- We open-source some of our best tools and contribute back to the OS community.
- We utilize code coverage.
GET THE SH*IT DONE
If you like what we do, and our "story" got you interested, we look forward to seeing your resume, profile, story, or anything else you might have! There are no limits to creativity. Our Recruiter, Veronika, will get back to you as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you!