Open position at ShipMonk Research & Development
Senior QA Engineer
- Work schedule
- Rohanské nábř. 29, 186 00 Praha 8-Karlín, Česko
Hello, we are ShipMonk and we provide logistics services in the area of order fulfillment. We are operating our main business in the USA, but Prague is the center of the development of our modern platform.
We are looking for a senior QA Engineer into our WMS (warehouse management system) or OMS (order management system) development team, who enjoys breaking aplications and also improving them. If you got annoyed by the word “applications”, you are the right one for us.
ShipMonk is the world's largest 3PL for high-growth e-commerce and DTC brands. Since our inception in 2014, we've operated with a singular guiding principle: to help small and medium-sized e-commerce businesses scale by offering technology-driven fulfillment solutions that enable business founders to devote more time to the things that matter most in their businesses. Put simply, ShipMonk helps e-commerce companies stress less and grow more. Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, FL, ShipMonk has more than 2,500 employees across facilities in the United States - Fort Lauderdale, FL, Pittston, PA, Los Angeles, CA, Bay Shore, NY, Las Vegas, NV, Dayton, NJ, Louisville, KY, Fort Worth, TX, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, Tecate, Mexico, the United Kingdom, and Prague, Czech Republic.
What does a QA engineer test in ShipMonk?
- Web application for two user groups: warehouse operations teams and ShipMonk customers.
- iOS and Android applications with webview.
- Linux application - so-called Packing Station app with webview.
- Controllers - Pick to Light, Locus, conveyor.
- Hardware - iPod, iPad, Samsung, Keyence, Cognex, Koamtac, Dymo, and Zebra printers, touch screens, cameras, and other warehouse devices.
It will be a super fit if you have/know…
- Work with database - MySQL - Adminer.
- Advanced knowledge of working with Chrome DevTools (Inspect Elements and Network Activity).
- Experience with REST API testing - Postman / Insomnia.
- Experience with hardware testing.
- Read the code.
- A sense of detail and UX.
- Manage documentation.
- English. We use it on a daily basis - mostly in written form…
What kind of Tech Stack do we have?
- Datadog, Sentry - monitoring
- Full Story - customer behavior analytics
- Simple MDM, Miradore - device management
- React, Typescript
- PHP 8, Java 17+, Docker, Kubernetes, RabbitMQ, MySQL8 (AWS Aurora), GraphQL, Python
- GitLab, Argo CD
What does it look like here and what are we proud of?
- We utilize a variety of hardware directly from the warehouse in the Prague office.
- We know our product and users well. So we build apps together.
- We write our own test cases tailor-made for each feature.
- We automate test scenarios in JS/TS using Cypress framework.
- We get up when America is still asleep and we fix stuff ASAP — possibly even before the problem appears in production.
- We work intensively with developers, data science, project managers, and our colleagues overseas. QA team’s work is not finished as long as we have any strength left. Ideally we bring a solution on a silver platter to developers. And vice versa. When we can't tackle our backlog fast enough, developers help with testing.
If you like what we do and you are interested in our story, we look forward to your resume, profile, story, whatever. There are no limits to creativity. Our Recruiter Dominika will contact you as soon as possible. We hope to be hearing from you soon.