Open position at Manta an IBM Company
Junior Test Engineer
- Work schedule
- nám. I. P. Pavlova 3
We are currently looking for a Junior Test Engineer to join our very first location, where everything started - Prague!
About your Team:
The Engineering Team is the largest of all our teams with around 70+ colleagues. We have eight teams working on 8 million lines of code split into 1000 modules and delivering over 1000 new features per year. Feels like a challenge? Good!
What you'll do:
- Dry run testing, qualification testing;
- Design test cases based on the development specification or your knowledge of the system;
- Manually execute TestLink scenarios;
- Test the server and client parts of the system;
- Verify the results in the relational and/or graph database;
- Test SOAP webservices and REST services;
- Test integrated systems via their miscellaneous API;
- Improve test coverage and report issues in Jira.
What you should have:
Between 1 to 3 years of work experience in testing complex SW systems;
Experience with writing and executing the test scenarios;
Understanding of the basics of the git versioning system;
Ability to create test cases (TestLink) based on the development specification;
Familiarity with any issue/bug tracking system;
Experience finding and exploring application logs and extracting the bug report;
Active knowledge of Postman and REST API. Knowing the principles of SOAP web services and SOAP UI is nice to have;
Ability to estimate and plan your own tasks, with the needed supervision.
Ability to describe a high-level architecture of a complex SW system;
Understanding of the end-to-end life cycle of a web request from a browser to backend and database;
Understanding of the software process lifecycle basics and ability to describe the testing process used in your organization/team;
What you'll get:
- Health & Life insurance;
- Stock options;
- Self-Care days - 3 days per year;
- Workplace Flexibility. Work From Home when you feel the need to focus. Come to the Office to promote collaboration. It’s up to you to decide together with your manager what will work best;
- Referral bonus;
- Annual bonus;
- Superior training and professional development;
- Regular team building activities;
- Strong ties to leadership to progress your career sooner rather than later;
- Gain experience working with Fortune 500 companies to solve complex data management challenges;
- 25 time off days.
What I always praise and what I think is a benefit of working for MANTA is that you can talk to anyone in the company. There are no hierarchical issues or people you can't write to or give constructive feedback to. There are people here who listen to that feedback and always work on it.
At MANTA we know that professional superheroes are not born - they thrive when they are given space for self-growth, learning from co-workers, open expression, and the possibility of bringing their own ideas to the table. MANTA cultivates diversity and inclusion, regardless of national origin, age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or veteran status.
Check out our Privacy Notice for more details on how we process and protect your data.