Open position at Wrike
Senior Visual and Motion Designer
- Work schedule
In this role, you’ll be a key leader for the product design team, leading the Design Language guild and forming a strong partnership with the UI Kit team.
As a Level 2 Senior Visual and Motion Designer you have extensive experience as a graphic and motion designer working in complex organisations. You will define our product design language, incorporate it into our design system, and help designers across Wrike’s 23 product teams apply it to their designs.
Acquired by Citrix in 2021, Wrike is a collaborative work management platform that helps thousands of customers in 130 countries manage their projects, businesses, and employees. It is loved by brands like Google, Airbnb, L'Oreal, Western Union, Fitbit, Hootsuite, Greenpeace, and startups around the world.
In this role, you’ll be a key leader in the product design team, heading up the Design Language Guild and forming a strong partnership with the UI Kit team. You will help us evolve the design language of Wrike, express Wrike’s identity in-product, and create a strong emotional connection between Wrike and our existing and prospective customers. You will lead across functions to ensure teams correctly apply the product’s design language while delivering on customer outcomes. The product’s look and feel will contribute significantly to Wrike’s image as a modern enterprise application with a best-in-class customer experience. The role requires outstanding graphic and motion design skills, systems thinking and the ability to collaborate with different product teams.
What you'll do:
- Evolving Wrike’s product design language to be modern and attractive, to reflect the company’s brand identity, to imbue our apps with a sense of clarity and ease-of-use, and to elicit a strong emotional connection with our current and prospective customers.
- Leading the Design Language Guild and partnering with the UI Kit team to identify and execute on the most impactful opportunities to deliver an exceptional user experience.
- Maintaining our Figma UI Kit libraries and design language documentation.
- Providing feedback on the work of product designers to ensure that the design language is applied correctly and consistently across the entire Wrike experience.
- Researching user interface trends and the potential impact of new technologies on the user experience.
- Staying up to date with design directions and innovations in competing products.
- Actively designing and building products by working closely with other designers, product managers, and engineers.
- Constructing compelling artefacts that communicate research and strategic directions (mood boards, graphic and motion studies) and apply Wrike’s design language to functional areas of our product, UI components, and design system elements.
- Participating in the continuous improvement of customer experience tools and processes, and scalable product design standards.
- Collaborating with development teams and business leaders to drive successful implementation of phenomenal experiences in our software and services.
- Participating in design-thinking exercises to break through organizational silos and collaboratively seek sophisticated design challenges.
- Providing occasional guidance and training to other employees within your specialist area.
What we are looking for:
- Significant professional user interface design experience.
- A portfolio demonstrating advanced knowledge of design fundamentals including color, depth, layout, typography, iconography, and brand identity.
- Experience with design systems.
- Figma or Sketch expertise.
- Experience owning and maintaining component-based libraries in Figma or Sketch.
- 2D motion design experience using Cavalry, Adobe After Effects or similar.
- Advanced English language skills: written and spoken.
- University Degree or equivalent relevant experience.
Skills that will help you to stand out:
- Experience designing products that manage large volumes of data and a high degree of complexity.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the capability to distill complex ideas to their essence.
- Ability to present designs to a wide range of audiences, including software development, quality assurance, learning content development, marketing, and sales.
- Experience with agile software design methods.
- Capability to influence parties within and outside of the job function at an operational level regarding policies, procedures, and practices.
- 3D design experience.