Open position at Wrike
Senior UX Writer ✍️
- Work schedule
In this role, you’ll take complex and technical ideas and make them more understandable using clear and simple words. You'll work alongside our writers, designers, PMs, researchers, and other stakeholders to outline the context of a problem before diving into writing messaging and copy.
In this role, you’ll take complex and technical ideas and make them more understandable using clear and simple words. You'll work alongside our writers, designers, PMs, researchers, and other stakeholders to outline the context of a problem before diving into writing messaging and copy. As a key member of Wrike's content community, you'll also collaborate with content teams across the company to define how we write things. Wrike is a leading project collaboration cloud software with an innovative product that helps thousands of customers in 130 countries manage their projects, businesses, and employees. It is loved by global brands like Google, Airbnb, L'Oreal, Western Union, Fitbit, Hootsuite, Greenpeace, and startups around.
What will you do:
- Write easy to understand customer-facing copy (like helpful in-app text, error messages, onboarding toast messages, names for concepts, and more)
- Work closely with product designers and development teams to make sure that current and future features are easy to learn and use
- Take part in critiques and design reviews, and give feedback and coaching when needed
- Help out with customer research so our current and future designs can better help users solve their problems
- Make sure our product is consistent across features, platforms, and channels
- Be an advocate for good UX in daily stand-up meetings, sprint planning, and review meetings
- Work with other writers to define and implement voice and tone standards to make our product more usable and consistent
What are we looking for?
- A native English speaker, or someone with near-native fluency
- Experience in UX writing, content design/strategy, technical writing, or editing
- Ability to take complex concepts and make them easy to understand using simple, human words
- Ability to find potential problems that our customers might have with our copy/designs
- Experience working with software development, quality assurance, product design, marketing, and sales teams
- An eye for human-centric design and UX writing best practices
- A curiosity for how things work and a desire to make them better
- Familiarity with customer research
Additional skills that will help you stand out
- Bachelor's or master's degree in instructional design, information architecture, technical writing, or English.
- Experience writing for the web, marketing, and software apps
- UX design or research background
- Customer support background
- Experience with Figma or Sketch