Otevřená pracovní pozice v REVOLGY
SENIOR CLOUD OPERATIONS ENGINEER
- Typ úvazku
- Klimentská 1, 110 00 Praha-Nové Město, Česko
FULL-TIME · START DATE ASAP · UP TO 100% REMOTE · EU CITIZENS · EUROPE (PREF. MAX +/- 3 HOURS DIFFERENCE TO CET)
WE ARE REVOLGY
...a bunch of cloud-native enthusiasts. Currently, there are about 60 of us. Leading Czech cloud-services company, on the market since 1996. Certified and trusted partner of Google and AWS, providing digital transformation services through cloud infrastructure and online collaboration tools. Helping our 2000+ B2B (Baltics 2 Balkan) clients grow their business in the cloud.
WE WANT YOU! 🤩
Our team of super ambitious folks with strong collaboration and communication skills needs a new colleague. We are looking for a suitable candidate to join our Operations team! Our service called CloudOps is a service we deliver to our customers, enterprise companies and startups, using leading public clouds solutions (Google GCP, Amazon AWS). We took over the responsibility for part of our clients infrastructure and systems (Kubernetes clusters, VM’s and auto scaling groups of VM’s, different type popular databases, load balancers, security, pipelines etc.). Our customers prefer to consume cloud services (IaaS, PaaS) over on-premises or rented data centres.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY
🤗 Remote-first culture - Work wherever you are most productive - at home, while travelling or in our office in Prague. Benefit from processes and mindsets which are 100% oriented towards working flexible hours, as long as you can attend scheduled meetings.
👨👩👧👧 Revolgy people - We believe that teamwork and trust are what matters. And we live that. People at Revolgy are not afraid to take responsibility, not afraid to make important decisions. We are curious, confident, and willing to learn and improve.
💡 Complex challenges - We drive business growth by simplifying the way companies work through the meaningful use of modern tools. We aim to take care of the technological side of things for our customers so that they can fully concentrate on developing their own products and services.
As a Senior Cloud Operations Engineer, you’ll be in charge of shaping solutions and technical development of our CloudOps service as well as identifying SPOF and vulnerabilities in the systems of our customers, dealing with L3 issues, supporting and mentoring the team of Operations Engineers. You’ll also:
- Monitor and analyse our client’s infrastructure and enhance it with alerting policies, react to issues, incidents and requests of our customers
- Fix technical problems and analyse its root cause on customer’s cloud systems
- Implement our CloudOps service for new customers and recommend changes and improvements
- Assess already-migrated systems
- Implement managed infrastructure services for our clients
- Be a technical leader and develop junior team members
- Communicate with our Google and Amazon counterparts
- Background in computer systems and networks and/or operations
- An understanding of best practices and patterns in software development, cloud computing services (GCP or AWS)
- Infrastructure provisioning (such as Terraform, Ansible, Cloud Formation, Docker etc)
- Experience with CI/CD (knowledge of the principles and ability to set up a pipeline from scratch)
- Analyse, improve/maintain/upgrade and troubleshoot pipelines made from other colleagues that might have not have documentation available
- Experience with agile development, containers, databases, web services, Linux system administration
- Understanding and exposure to Kubernetes and GKE/EKS
- High accountability and the ability to work independently, team spirit, great analytical skills
- Fluent communication skills in English (B2/C1)
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE...
- Deep and demonstrated understanding of distributed systems, including containerised microservices and highly scalable web applications
- Experience with SQL databases administration (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Knowledge of Stackdriver, CloudWatch and PagerDuty
- Advanced (admin-level) knowledge of Kubernetes in production
- Experience with reading and writing any of the major code families at the administrator level
- Experience with coaching and mentoring junior engineerS
Remote-first environment · Flexible working hours · 4 weeks of paid vacation + 1 additional week after 12 months · Refreshment & unlimited coffee in the office · Multisport card or FlexiPass · Sim card and mobile phone contribution for employees · Uber & Liftago for business purposes · GallupStrengths talent DNA analysis · Paid training and certifications · Attending conferences and having the option to present · Knowledge sharing & educational programs provided by Google, AWS, and other technology partners · Company events & meetups
HOW TO APPLY
Apply for the position, then you will be asked to complete the application form and we'll be in touch. If not, no worries, perhaps we will cross paths again in the future!
After you apply
Our application process usually includes an initial chat with the hiring manager, one technical task, then a chat with 2-4 additional team members, Gallup CliftonStrengths online analysis to discover your unique talent DNA, and a final chat with Mirek, our CEO.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Thank you 🙏
Tereza, Tomáš, George, Mirek and other Revolgians
Diversity and equal opportunity are important to us. We are happy about the interest of all candidates and strive to provide feedback as quickly as possible.