Open position at Productboard
Machine Learning Team Lead
- Work schedule
- Boudníkova 2506/1
We're currently on the lookout for a future leader of our Machine Learning team that is currently emerging within one of our current product tribes – Insights.
On a typical day, you will...
- You will be expected to lead a team of machine learning engineers and data scientists in their day-to-day work experience.
- Machine learning team is our newly established team currently consisting of 2 people with a strategy to grow double within next year.
- Growing team with your support will collaborate with product teams and their PMs within the tribe on product deliveries or feature improvements.
- You will guide the team on making existing features more useful or efficient as well as find hypotheses within our data.
- You will ensure goals and objectives for the team are clearly defined, you will be also responsible for workload planning, technical backlog, and priorities.
- You will coach and mentor your engineers, showing them the next steps in their careers.
- You will maintain a healthy, collaborative culture in line with the company values as we navigate through hyper-growth.
- You will be actively involved in hiring engineers for your team, making sure it’s well-staffed.
- Personally being the strongest engineer in the team is not your end goal, your main focus is to have a multiplying effect on the team's output.
- To get a better idea of our vision of the role, read the “Role of Management” article about Empowered Product Teams from Marty Cagan.
Our Tech Stack
We work with the following frameworks, tools, and languages:
- ML code is written mainly in Python, we are open to others as Go or Scala
- We use orchestration frameworks Airflow 2+ and Kubernetes for scheduling ML pipelines
- Real-time services running on Kubernetes using Git, CICD, Docker, Helm, and Kafka
- For solution monitoring, we use Prometheus and Grafana, for business overview we use Looker
We need an empathetic team leader who can help navigate our team through the current growth.
- You have a proven track record in the similar position
- You already helped grow a SaaS company by utilizing data and machine learning within its product.
- You have a strong background in data science or machine learning.
- You have at least 2 years of experience with leading people.
- You have the ability to align people with a common goal. You can explain and materialize the objectives of the team.
- You are direct but careful with feedback, both given and received. We embrace the approach of Radical Candor.
- You are fluent in English—our team consists of 30+ nationalities.
You can look forward to the following benefits:
💰 Stock options
💻 MacBook + 34″ monitor
📚 Budget for online courses, books, and conferences
🏝 5 weeks of vacation + sick days
❤️ 1 Volunteer Day per year for you to help causes close to your heart
🍲 Free snacks, drinks, and yummy catered lunches every day💚 Shared Headspace account for mindfulness & mental health
🏋 MultiSport card to access sports facilities
🍹 Team events, such as happy hours, off-sites, and retreats
⏱ Flexible working hours and home office
🧒🏻 Parental benefits
🎓 Language lessons
Productboard is a customer-centric product management platform that helps organizations get the right products to market, faster. More than 5,400 companies, including Microsoft, Zoom, 1-800-Contacts, and UiPath, use Productboard to understand what users need, prioritize what to build next, and rally everyone around their roadmap.
With offices in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Brno and Prague, Productboard is backed by leading investors like Tiger Global Management, Dragoneer Investment Group, Index Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Sequoia Capital, Bessemer Venture Partners, and Credo Ventures.
In January 2022, we closed our $125M Series D round, which put us into the Unicorn category of companies, with a valuation of $1.7B.
Join at the golden startup age — established stability of a Unicorn with space for individual impact
- You’ll enjoy an exciting team atmosphere, building a whole new category of software
- You can help change the way that products are built all over the world
- We iterate quickly and decisions are fast. You’ll have a voice in what we do and see the impact of your work
- We are backed by top Silicon Valley investors, giving us access to capital, networks, mentors, and new markets
- We are recognized as one of the hottest tech startups on the market today, named by Forbes magazine and Business Insider as one of the best startup employers to bet your career on and are regularly recognized for our company culture
About our culture
Imagine working in a place where everything matters — most importantly, you. At Productboard, values aren’t just something we like to talk about, they’re something we live and breathe. We believe in creating a work environment where:
- People feel empowered, supported, and included
- Trust and transparency are built into the way we work
- Creativity, curiosity, and continuous improvement are encouraged and nurtured every day
Forming our company values was a group effort, with every employee allowed to contribute. From profit-sharing initiatives, like stock options, to open calendars and communication, we don’t waste time on politics or ego. We champion openness by sharing our goals, success, and failures.
Join colleagues who love what they do and who are invested in their work environment and the future of the company. Help shape our company, culture, and product!
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and champion equity. It is our aim to help people from all backgrounds, cultures, and groups realize their full potential at Productboard. We do not tolerate any discrimination or harassment based upon gender identity, race, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other bias covered by appropriate law. All aspects of employment, including hiring, training, promotion, and terminations, are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We are committed to an inclusive hiring process and provide all candidates with equal opportunity to demonstrate their abilities. Togetherness is one of our core values, and our Diversity Council helps to ensure that we uphold the values of authenticity, humanity, and diversity to create an environment where every person matters. We are committed to leading by example to drive societal change.