Open position at DUHOVKA
English Language and Literature Teacher
- Work schedule
- Ortenovo nám. 1274, 170 00 Praha 7-Holešovice, Česko
In all Duhovka schools we create a friendly and respectful environment that promotes student's self-esteem, autonomy, individuality and sense of education. Our Duhovka schools offer a space for the personal development of all its employees. We are an organization that grows and develops, and all, who participate in this, develop naturally with it. It requires their own desire to learn, invention and proactivity.
Do you have experience teaching in a bilingual or international environment? Are you interested in joining the unique project of IB Montessori high school? Have you been in the Czech Republic for a certain period of time and would you like to stay here? This is your opportunity!
The bilingual Czech/English Montessori Duhovka High School is seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic ENG language and literature Teacher to join our team.
- Teaching Middle School and High school courses of English as a second language and of literature
- Teach to a structured curriculum of language and literature
- Establish a positive, student-centered learning environment
- Establish a comprehensive, differentiated and balanced array of learning experiences, which meet the students’ needs in developing skills, concepts and understandings
- Effectively provide feedback to learners on their skills, progress and achievement, according to the school’s standards based criteria
- Work collaboratively as a member the English Department
- Opportunity to create and use tailor-made projects, case studies, study materials
What we need from you?
Experience in teaching English as a second language , Literature (IBDP language and literature is a big advantage)
A minimum of three years experience teaching
Bachelor or Masters University Degree in Education preferred
- Ability to display a personal vision in alignment with the Duhovka mission;
- Commitment to, and enthusiasm for, working with 12-18 yrs age students;
- Native English speaker
- Interest in the Montessori approach, project method, critical thinking and individual skills development
- A demonstrated ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment;
- International and/or multi-cultural experience
- Strong communication skills
- Self-driven & proactive attitude
- Flexible, innovative and solutions focused
What we offer?
- Full time employment with employment contract
- Positive working environment, cooperation in multinational team of enthusiastic teachers
- Competitive salary
- 8 weeks of paid holidays + 12 days for further education, 4 sick days
- Continuous professional and personal development
- Start date: August 2021
If interested, please send your CV and motivation letter via the response form (below) to Blanka Horáčková (HR Manager). Or you can ask any questions regarding this position. We are looking forward to your answer.
In case you are not contacted within 14 days, we had to exclude you for some reasons from our selection process. Thanks for understanding.