Open position at DUHOVKA
English and Science Middle School Teacher
- Work schedule
- Nad Kajetánkou 134/9
In all the Duhovka schools, we create a friendly and respectful environment that promotes the student's self-esteem, autonomy, individuality and sense of education. Our Duhovka schools offer a space for the personal development of all its employees. We are an organization that grows and develops, and all, who participate in this, develop naturally with it. It requires their own desire to learn, invention and proactivity.
The bilingual Czech/English Montessori Elementary School is seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic colleague to join our team.
- Do you have experience teaching in a bilingual or international environment?
- Are you interested in Montessori pedagogy?
- Have you been in the Czech Republic for a while and would you like to stay here long term?
- This is your opportunity!
What exactly do we expect from you in this position?
Teaching students at our Middle School based on the School Curriculum while respecting the Montessori principles and philosophy
- Teaching English language to ESL to fully bilingual students and Sciences/Social Studies according to your area of expertise
- Participating on developing a structured curriculum in your subjects in connection to the whole curriculum
- Supporting students in their learning, developing their English language skills as well as their learning, social and communication competencies
- Sharing your talents and passions with students, supporting development of the Middle School community
- Regular updates of students‘ individual plans
- Cooperating with a team of English and Czech teachers and Teacher Assistants
- Actively participating in events, activities, trips, etc. organized by the Middle School
What do we need from you?
Native English speaker (from an English-speaking country only)
- Bachelor’s or Master’s University Degree, preferred in Education
- Previous teaching experience with middle school aged children and passion for this age group
- Passion for teaching children
- Experience and/or interest in alternative learning styles or with the Montessori concept
- Willingness to learn further in the Montessori area and for long-term cooperation
- Very good general overview and knowledge of a wide variety of different subjects
- Compatibility of personal values with the values of Duhovka and Montessori philosophy
What do we offer?
Full time employment contract
- Competitive salary
- Location Prague 6 near the Prague Castle
- Starting date as soon as possible
- Cooperation within our bilingual English and Czech team
- Space for creativity and continuous professional and personal development
- 8 weeks of paid holidays + 12 days for further education, 4 sick days
- And other benefits: all meals subsidized, contribution to Czech language courses, 500 CZK monthly via Cafeteria for free time activities
If interested, please send your CV and motivation letter to via the response form (below) or send e-mail: email@example.com.
In case you are not contacted within 14 days, we had to exclude you from our selection process. Thanks for understanding.