Open position at Wrike
- Work schedule
Wrike is the most powerful work management platform. Built for teams and organizations looking to collaborate, create, and exceed every day, Wrike brings everyone and all work into a single place to remove complexity, increase productivity, and free people up to focus on their most purposeful work.
Our vision: A world where everyone is free to focus on their most purposeful work, together.
Ready to become a future Wriker?
As a DBA Engineer at Wrike, you are a recognized domain professional supporting the infrastructure of a large SAAS product, improving current and implementing new solutions for containers, network, monitoring, logging, automation, etc. You will become part of a core development team of 250+ engineers developing Wrike.
This role would allow you to take care of, maintain and improve a large database environment with over 400 database clusters (with high availability, disaster recovery, complex setup).
You would have opportunities to participate in high-end technical projects such as Kafka implementation, internal database management system, command and control systems within an international team scattered across Prague, Cyprus and Tallinn.
In this role, you would become a part of the whole sysops department which is exposed to various technologies and systems. Would you like to work on improving an innovative distributed Database environment, used by thousands of customers around the world? If your answer is yes, we'd love to speak with you!
More about Your team
You would become the 4th member of a DBA team reporting to Tomas Chmiel, DBA TL. This team is scattered across Prague and Tallinn locations. In this team, you would take care of the database optimization project and automation of the database management system in cooperation with our engineering and development teams.
How do we work?
- Our tech stack: PostgreSQL, Linux, Ansible, Puppet, Patroni, Terraform, mySQL, GCP
How You'll make an impact
- By PostgreSQL database administration and support
- Via optimization and automation of PostgreSQL clusters deployment and management
- Via analysis and optimization of database performance, solving of related problems
- By PostgreSQL monitoring improvement
- Via participation in On-call rotation duties (24/7 coverage)
- By active collaboration with colleagues in the SysOps department on Infrastructure related topics and with the development team on product-oriented projects
- By supporting Disaster Recovery/Continuity of Operations processes
You will achieve your best if you have
- At least 4 years of experience in PostgreSQL administration and monitoring
- Experience with OS Linux (Debian, CentOS)
- Experience with Git version control system
- Experience with Ansible, Puppet or any other configuration management system
- University Degree or equivalent experience and minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience
- Upper Intermediate English skills
- And you will conquer our world with
- Experience in setup and support of fault tolerant DB configurations and setup DB monitoring systems
- Knowledge of reservation, copy, and recovery methodologies
- SaltStack knowledge
- Strong knowledge of networks and protocols, Patroni, Terraform, additional experience in MySQL administration and monitoring or experience with GCP (or other IaaS vendor) is a plus
Perks of working at Wrike
- 25 days of holidays
- Sick leave compensation
- Cafeteria (Benefit plus)
- Private healthcare membership (Canadian Medical)
- Meal vouchers
- Pension plan
- Mobile tariffs
- Life Insurance plan
- "Lítačka" transportation annual coupon reimbursement
- Multisport card
- Parental leave
- Interview with a Recruiter
- Technical interview
- Cultural interview
Your recruitment buddy will be Pavel Kucera, Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist
Who Is Wrike and Our Culture
We're a team of innovators and creators who solve the complex work problems of today and tomorrow.
Smart: We love what we do, and we're great at it because this is our domain. Our combined knowledge in this space is unmatched.
Dedicated: We get up every day focused on helping our customers win. We're committed to helping our teammates win, too!
Approachable: We're friendly, easy to get along with, considerate, and helpful.
Our culture and values
Grow: Be curious, learn new things, and seek feedback.
Execute: Work with agility, minimize the unnecessary, and prioritize high value work.
Collaborate: Work as a team, celebrate successes, and have fun!