Otevřená pracovní pozice ve společnosti ShipMonk Research & Development
Data Engineering Lead
- Typ úvazku
- Rohanské nábřeží, 186 00 Karlín
Hi! We are ShipMonk, and we provide logistics services in order fulfillment. Our main business is in the USA, but our modern platform is built by the Research & Development team in Prague, Czechia. We are looking for a seasoned data engineering lead that will help us to manage and further expand our data platforms that includes warehouse operations, business development or finance.
- We process up to 100,000 orders per day in high season
- Our book of business has more than 1500 clients (fast growing direct-to-consumer brands). We offer the ShipMonk platform as the solution for the whole process. It covers everything from stocking the items to shipping the ready packages to all corners of the world.
What will you be doing with us?
- Your team will deliver reliable data that will enable us to drive the business to greater efficiency and help us uncover additional business opportunities.
- You will work with our robust yet simple data stack that includes: AWS Aurora DB, Oracle Heatwave, Keboola, Snowflake, Tableau, or Metabase.aps
- Implement data governance: processes and best practices on how to take care of data at ShipMonk so we can continue to make it our competitive advantage.
- Manage and optimize costs related to data platform and tooling while balancing the effective and secure data access.
What have we been working on with the team?
- We launched a data warehouse on the Snowflake platform.
- We built a data model for our Operations team.
- We onboarded Keboola to integrate various data sources, implement data governance and ETLs.
- We provide Operations Managers with comprehensive dashboards in Metabase to track and manage productivity in the warehouses.
What should you know/have?
- Practical experience in designing effective data models.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL and hands on knowledge of some programming language for data processing (e.g. Python)
- Ability to develop, maintain and operate ETL processes, building a scalable data platform and integrate various data sources.
- Passion for delivering data products to our internal and external customers and meeting their needs.
- 3+ years team leadership experience.
- Have you come across SCRUM? Great!
If you like our story, we look forward to seeing your resume, profile, story, or anything else you might have! There are no limits to creativity. Our Recruiter, Dominika, will get back to you as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.